Vibrant public spaces build a stronger sense of community by sparking social engagement between Miamians. The Miami Foundation created the Our Miami Public Space Challenge to discover the best ideas for improving, creating, and activating local public spaces.Anyone can post ideas: individuals, groups, for-profit companies or nonprofit organizations.Community experts and professional placemakers will select the best ideas, and then we’ll invest $100,000to make them a reality.Health Foundation of South Florida is investing an additional $30,000 in the challenge for ideas promoting healthy, physical exercise activities and access to fresh food through gardens and farmer’s markets.
Together, we’re making Miami a more open, attractive and engaged place to live.
- Anyone can post ideas
- Any area in Miami-Dade County is eligible
- Final ideas are due by April 8, 2014
The Public Space Challenge submission period was March 3 – April 8.
CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL THE IDEAS!
Winners have been announced! See the full list.
- Learn more about the 2014 Challenge on our blog.
- Learn how to fund your idea with our crowd-resourcing partner ioby.
- Visit the Public Space Challenge Frequently Asked Questions